9th June 1950 is a significant day in the history of Rosary school as it saw the birth of the institution in response to the wishes of many parents in Madras to give their children education through English medium. The sisters- Francisian Missionaries of Mary came forward to meet the expressed need of parents. Thus, the Rosary Matriculation School was started. The school has grown from strength to strength over these sixty Two years marking milestones in its journey into the future. A glimpse at the growth of this institution will awaken a sprit of service in us and prepare us for a fruitful life in the years to come.